Re: Re[2]: STC'S Electronic Bulletin Board

Subject: Re: Re[2]: STC'S Electronic Bulletin Board
From: Len Olszewski <saslpo -at- UNX -dot- SAS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1993 13:12:58 -0500

Bill Konrad comments:

> But the bit.* newsgroups do not have as wide a distribution as other
> newsgroups. I don't know why this is, but it is a fact. Frankly, I
> would prefer to be able to read these messages in a newsgroup rather
> than constantly having an overflowing mailbox (from this and several
> other lists).

> I agree that there probably wouldn't be justification for multiple
> newsgroups at this time. But I think it would be a good idea to have a
> newsgroup in the regular Usenet hierarchy simply because of the wider
> distribution those groups tend to have.

As long as I can keep access to this mailing list, and that any new
newsgroups are gated both ways, this is a good idea. At my site,
newsgroups are strictly controlled, and there is no identified process
to have one officially "instated". Others, I suspect, may be in the same
position. I'd hate to lose this forum now that one finally exists.

|Len Olszewski, Technical Writer | "Eat well, stay fit, die anyway." |
|saslpo -at- unx -dot- sas -dot- com|Cary, NC, USA| - Bumper sticker |
| Opinions this ludicrous are mine. Reasonable opinions will cost you.|