Let's hear STC's side . . .

Subject: Let's hear STC's side . . .
From: Jacobs Chris <jacobs_chris -at- SMTPMAC -dot- ADS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 1993 13:53:51 U

Over the past several days, a discussion of a number of issues related to STC
and its technical capabilities/membership communication services has taken
place. I am a relatively new member of the organization, and must admit that I
am beginning to form a rather poor opinion of the STC's use (understanding?
fear?) of communication technology. I find it particularly ironic that it is
the Society for Technical Communication that appears to have so much difficulty
using Communication Technology .
Judging from the mailings in the BBS/Internet Access thread, STC is almost as
far behind in technology as the White House and dragging its heels deep in the
ground over movement into the information age. However, I believe there are two
sides to every story. Would someone from National STC care to respond ?
Chris