Update of ANSI (NISO) Standard on Scientific/Technical Reports

Subject: Update of ANSI (NISO) Standard on Scientific/Technical Reports
From: Tom Warren <TWARREN -at- OSUVM1 -dot- BITNET>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1993 15:14:46 CST

I have been appointed to the standards committee (NISO) revising
Z39.18-1987: Scientific and TEchnical Reports--Organization,
Preparation, and Production. I am on a rather short string for the
first round of comments (July 19), but invite anyone wishing to comment
to do so via e-mail (see below). The standard covers things mentioned
in the subtitle as well as an extensive bibliography--that also needs
updating--in several sections: Writing, Style, Usgae, Grammar, etc.;
Style Manuals and Guides; Specialized Dictionaries, Encyclopedias, and
Handbooks; Technical Writing Material (mainly useful textbooks); Graphic
Symbols; Letter Symbols; Library Reference material; and Graphic Arts.
I invite your comments, especially if you use the standard.
Tom
Tom Warren
twarren -at- vm1 -dot- ucc -dot- okstate -dot- edu
twarren -at- osuvm1 -dot- bitnet