Job Information

Subject: Job Information
From: Allison Jane Bosselmann <abosselm -at- FLUTE -dot- CALPOLY -dot- EDU>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1993 14:43:45 -800

I recently graduated from Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo in California. I
earned my degree in Journalism with a concentration in Public Relations.
I have decided to stay at Poly for two more quarters to complete my
technical writing degree. My question to you all is... What is the
outlook for technical writers?
I would greatly appreciate advice from any individual involved
in technical writing. I feel a little funny sending such a message, but
the literature I have read on technical writing is not all that helpful.
I want to get first-hand advice/information from individuals already in
the field. I am interested in knowing the:
job outlook
potential salary (in the area of...)
level of job satisfation
criteria needed to break in the field (computer skills etc...)

Thanking your in advance....

hope to hear from you