Re: readme.1st

Subject: Re: readme.1st
From: Chuck Banks <chuck -at- ASL -dot- DL -dot- NEC -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1993 07:34:36 CDT

I have used paper prototypes and software prototypes to
present proposed products to prospective customers. The
idea for the product came from a user group meeting, a
"why don't you guys make a _____?" session.

The feedback from the prospective customers was reviewed
by a think tank of programmers, hardware designers,
finance types, managers, etc. The results were added to
the soft prototype and sent out for additional comments.

I wrote a user interface specification from the final
prototype. As part of the design team, I prepared the
functional specification that detailed the internals
of the product.

The Project Leader, a senior technical writer -- would
you believe it?, ensured the actual product matched the
functional specification and that the user interface
matched the prototype.

That's about as close to Steve Hollander's process as
I've ever come. Even so, I wrote the user manual to
follow the product (a programable medical infusion pump).

Chuck Banks
--
|\\ | || // Chuck Banks
| \\ | ||_______ || Senior Technical Writer
| \\ | || || NEC America, Inc.
| \\| \\______ \\______ E-Mail: chuck -at- asl -dot- dl -dot- nec -dot- com
America, Incorporated CompuServe: 72520,411