Should STC be on this list? Yes.

Subject: Should STC be on this list? Yes.
From: AKRA000 <AKRA -at- MUSIC -dot- LIB -dot- MATC -dot- EDU>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1993 03:36:04 CST

I have just found this list and noted that there were a few
discussions earlier about the presence of STC members (Society
for Technical Communication) here. I think they should be here,
and they should be here in greater numbers.

One of the problems with the STC is the lack of communication
between members in farflung chapters -- even in the same chapter,
for that matter. Part of this is because the members are often
involved in such different activity and can't always get
interested in local chapter activities.

Also, many members can't find the cash to get to the Annual
Conference, which has turned out to be a get-together for the
rich and the subsidized members. Members working for smaller
firms and in the academic world are practically shut out by the
high fees. Where any three STC members gather together they
complain about the cost of the Annual Conference, yet the
STC International officers are unresponsive to complaints about
this.

Furthermore, STC members have no other outlet for their comments
about the organization. Let this be a place for them. By the way,
I have been an STC member since 1976. I have no interest in
leaving. I want to change it from the inside.

Hi Tom!

Albert E. Krahn E-Mail AKRA -at- MUSIC -dot- LIB -dot- MATC -dot- EDU
Division of Lib. Arts and Sciences Fax 414/271-2195
Milwaukee Area Technical College Ph (H) 414/476-4025
Milwaukee, WI 53233-1443 Ph (W) 414/278-6519