Re: Out-of-sync "Subject" headings

Subject: Re: Out-of-sync "Subject" headings
From: Jerry Peek <jerry -at- ORA -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1993 07:41:16 -0700

I agree. Another semi-useless Subject looks like this:
Subject: Re: TECHWR-L digest, June 21-23
If you send messages like that and can edit the Subject, please do...

If you use MH mail on UNIX systems, you can change any part of the
header before you send a message. I've also got a little shell script
named "fixsubj" that lets you change the Subject of messages you
receive. The script copies the original subject into an
"X-Original-Subject:" just in case you ever need it. If you use MH
under UNIX and you want a copy of the script, send me mail... or grab
it by anonymous ftp from the file MHxmh2.tar.Z in the directory
/published/oreilly/nutshell/MHxmh on ftp.uu.net.
--
Jerry Peek, O'Reilly & Associates, jerry -at- ora -dot- com, +1 707-829-0515