Full Screen Monitor with Ventura

Subject: Full Screen Monitor with Ventura
From: Bob Armao <bob -at- BRS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1993 13:51:39 EDT

Does anyone have a hardware solution that does BOTH of the following:

* supports DOS/GEM 3.0 Ventura and provides a reasonably large
full page (or nearly full page) representation of the document.

* runs typical Windows applications (Word, WordPerfect, HiJaak, etc)

For some background: I am currently running the 3.0 DOS/GEM version
of Ventura using a NEC Monograph full screen monitor. This works very
nicely for Ventura and presents a full document page (if I chop off
the header and footer). This eliminates eyestrain and the need to
scroll continually as you work. BUT: This monitor will not run
Windows applications in anything resembling an acceptable manner.

I want to stay with the DOS/GEM version of Ventura, retain
the full page capability, AND be able to run mainstream Windows
applications. I'm all in favor of Windows applications, but
NOT the Ventura Windows application (that debate has taken place
previously).

I (and others) have researched monitor and video card manufacturers
but have not discovered the successful combination. I know there are
a good number of Ventura DOS/GEM users out there and I am hoping
that one or more of you can suggest a solution.

General response or email is fine. As usual practice, I will post
collected responses just in case someone else is interested.
Thanks in advance.