Electronic newsletters

Subject: Electronic newsletters
From: LaVonna Funkhouser <lffunkhouser -at- HALNET -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1993 14:22:25 -0500

I was just reading about how H-Net plans to act as electronic publisher
for history newsletters because, "Electronic dissemination of newsletters,
using the listserv software on mainframes, is much cheaper and faster than
paper copies." This gave me an idea...

What if we used this list somehow to electronically publish our local
newsletters of our nonprofit writing/editing/communication organizations
(especially STC)? Very few members ever get the opportunity to read
newsletters from outside their own chapters or regions.

What do you think? Could techwr-l be used this way? What restrictions
(such as copyright restrictions) would apply?

Comments welcome. Please "po" this idea and help me brainstorm before
shooting the idea down. I admit to being an e-mail newbie; the glow has
not yet worn off. But just *think of the possibilities*!

LaVonna Funkhouser
vice pres and membership manager, Oklahoma Chapter STC
Halliburton Energy Services/ Duncan, OK 73536
lffunkhouser -at- halnet -dot- com