Engineers as Writers

Subject: Engineers as Writers
From: Jo Lines <jlines -at- DATA-IO -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1993 09:35:19 LCL

Bradford,

Where I work, the engineers are responsible for providing technical input
to Technical Publications and reviewing the documentation for technical
accuracy and completeness.

Technical Publications personnel are responsibile for all other aspects of
the documentation whether print or online. We choose what words to use,
tone, font, format, design, schedule to review and print, provide usability
testing, conduct informal user interface and design reviews and provide
feedback and suggestions on wording, colors, format etc. of the software or
any other user interface issues.

Here's our mission statement -- given to us from the CEO:

To be the driving force behind providing
excellent, total user interfaces
for our products.

--
Jo
jlines -at- Data-IO -dot- COM Proofread carefully to see