Re: State Names

Subject: Re: State Names
From: Marlene McMullin <mcmullnm -at- PUBS06 -dot- SI -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1993 10:15:00 EDT

Well, Simon, one shouldn't gloat too much! I think Chuck was providing a
list of common abbreviations, not the official US Post Office 2-letter codes.
Aside from that, though, when you provided your "corrected" list, you
mistakenly gave MA as the abbreviation for Michigan. Having been born and
raised in the state of Michigan, I felt it necessary to let you know that
the correct 2-letter abbreviation is MI. Perhaps you'll want to update your
list for future reference!