Re: What? No Quality?

Subject: Re: What? No Quality?
From: Ad absurdum per aspera <JTCHEW -at- LBL -dot- GOV>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 1993 01:19:19 GMT

OK, I'll bite:

The only large, tangible, formally published thing that I
write anymore is an annual summary of activities. Its
purposes are to inform a diverse audience about what we
think are the sexiest things we did all year, and
coincidentally to impress them. There is no actual need
for the document, but we consider these goals to be worth
the expenditure. In short, even though it contains a great
deal of technical information, it is really more an artistic
than a functional product, and tangible, quantifiable
metrics for its quality have always escaped me. People seem
to like it; that's the best I can do for you.

Joe
"Just another personal opinion from the People's Republic of Berkeley"