Re: Interviewing for freelance contract - need info!

Subject: Re: Interviewing for freelance contract - need info!
From: Laura Grzybowski <lkg -at- OSCAR -dot- IMS -dot- BELLCORE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 1993 14:42:05 -0400

I'm certain that you will get heaps of advice on planning your
project. So I'm not going to add anything except to point out one
critical lesson I learned when doing freelance work ...
You MUST establish what I call the "givens" and you MUST include
these is your contract. (By the way, I don't care if you are working
for your most trusted of friends - ALWAYS get it on paper and get it
signed.) But I digressed ...
"Givens" are things such as the following:
I will receive a working copy of the software by X/X/XX.
The subject matter experts will be available to me on as as-needed basis.
I will have access to the system from x to x.

If you'd like me to expand on this, please let me know.
Otherwise, hope I was of some help.

Good luck!