Recommended Applications

Subject: Recommended Applications
From: Jim Taylor <j -dot- taylor5 -at- GENIE -dot- GEIS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1993 04:50:00 BST

I use DECwrite (from Digital Equipment Corporation) on a VAXstation
platform. I have used it to develop paper and on-line manuals, and have
been, for the most part, satisfied with it. There is also a MS Windows
version, but I have not used it much.

DECwrite does most of the things I have heard mentioned in this
conversation thread, except it does not handle color.

I am very interested in hearing the opinions of any other DECwrite users. I
usually have stones thrown at me when I say good things about DECwrite in my
company, so I am prepared to duck.

Jim Taylor
j -dot- taylor -at- genie -dot- geis -dot- com