Re: Advice, anyone?

Subject: Re: Advice, anyone?
From: marcia whitmore <marcia -at- INTERCON -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1993 10:54:26 -0500

> If you can't contact the client's technical editor, then I'd say do as
> Paul Trummel advises: just give them what they want with a note to
> leave your name off it.

This is a difficult judgment call, but I personally would prefer not to just
give them what they want, even if my name were left off of it (this doesn't
mean my name wouldn't be associated with it later).

I suppose, in the spirit of compromise, I might give them two sets of
corrections, with a polite letter explaining which set is correct and why I
believe it is correct, with supporting references to the appropriate style
guide (as suggested earlier). It might even be a positive gesture to loan
them the appropriate style guide for a while.