Re: Grammar and Style Checkers

Subject: Re: Grammar and Style Checkers
From: Paul Goble <paulg -at- COL -dot- HP -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1993 19:55:53 GMT

rcwhiteh -at- medrcw -dot- b17b -dot- ingr -dot- com wrote:

: I've heard (albeit briefly) about the Writer's Workbench utility,
: but I still don't know much about it.

Writer's Workbench (WWB) was a product of AT&T Bell Labs. Last I heard,
they had abandoned the project and sublicensed it to:

EMO Comuter Products, Inc
1701 Quincy Ave Suite 22
Naperville, IL. 60540
(708) 369-1350

When I last studied WWB (in 1989), I found that the PC-based grammar
checkers were faster, more flexible, more accurate, better-supported,
and far less expensive than WWB. This may have changed since then.

I get many, many requests for information about WWB, so if you find more
current information, PLEASE let me know.

Paul Goble
Hewlett-Packard Colorado Springs Division
Learning Products Engineering
paulg -at- col -dot- hp -dot- com

Lawyer fodder: These are MY OWN opinions.