Ventura, Corel, and Frame

Subject: Ventura, Corel, and Frame
From: Ken d'Albenas <kendal -at- AUTOTROL -dot- CUC -dot- AB -dot- CA>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1993 14:16:58 MDT

I pulled this off the Publish e-mail list.
- I thought maybe someone could answer the question about FM filter
for Ventura 4.1
- I thought all our CorelDRAW and Ventura users would be interested
in the reported planned acquisition.

If you reply to this, please note the address I inserted in the
"Reply-To:" line up top.

> From: "Louis Rondeau, Redacteur technique" <LOUIS -at- lagang -dot- lacitec -dot- on -dot- ca>
> To: publish -at- chron -dot- com

> > Ventura support was no help. In fact, one of them told me their department
> > was cut from 25-30 people to 10. Is Ventura going down the tubes? If so,
> > what other DTP software has a Ventura filter for importing files?
> >
> > Thanks for the help.
> >
> > Susan Sellew
> >

> Susan:

> Can't help you with your Ventura-lino problem, but I do have
> some other information for you:

> 1) Frame Maker has a Ventura filter. The one I have is for Ventura
> 4.0 files. (By the way, does anyone know if Frame put out a filter
> for Ventura 4.1?)

> 2) In a recent article from a Canadian computer trade paper, it was
> announced that Corel plans to acquire Ventura Publisher and Ventura
> Database Publisher. Could be interesting...

> Bonjour. Louis R.
> Louis Rondeau La Cite collegiale
> Redacteur technique/Technical Writer 2465, boul. St-Laurent
> Ressources informatiques Ottawa (Ontario)
> e-mail: louis -at- lacitec -dot- on -dot- ca K1G 5H8
> --
> To reach all members of this list, send mail to publish -at- chron -dot- com -dot-
> To join or quit this list, send mail to publish-request -at- chron -dot- com -dot-

Cheers,

Ken d'Albenas
(-::
Replies to: kendal -at- autotrol -dot- cuc -dot- ab -dot- ca
Flames to: kendal@/dev/not

Good leaders being scarce, following yourself is allowed.