Re: What is the medium we are using?

Subject: Re: What is the medium we are using?
From: Ken d'Albenas <kendal -at- AUTOTROL -dot- CUC -dot- AB -dot- CA>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1993 14:08:03 MDT

This e-mail / E-Mail etc. thing touches on something that
is a sore point for a lot of people: abbreviations and
initialisms. Some style guides & dictionaries make a point
of saying that you should not (or even _must_ not)
capitalize the letters of an abbreviation or initialism
if the original words were lower case.

For example, "also known as" gets shortened variously to aka,
AKA, a.k.a., and A.K.A. Similarly, some people shorten "by
the way" to BTW, while others write btw (or Btw if at the beginning
of a sentence).

IMHO [sic], the e-mail / E-Mail question falls into the same can of
worms.

So, for starters, are we using Electronic Mail or electronic mail?
Next, where did that hyphen come from?

Cheers,

Ken d'Albenas
(-::
Replies to: kendal -at- autotrol -dot- cuc -dot- ab -dot- ca
Flames to: kendal@/dev/not

"Don't say yes until I finish talking."
- Darryl F. Zanuck