Re: black technical writers

Subject: Re: black technical writers
From: Binion Amerson <aba -at- OC -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 1993 09:21:57 -0700

>>I have a question, no, actually two questions. Do you know of
>>any black technical writers (either male of female)? I am
>>interested in finding out because I am a black graduate
>>student in technical and professional communication here at East
>>Carolina University (actually the only one) and I am interested
>>in how well my people cope as technical writers on the job.

Austin T. Brown was President of STC during 1988-1989. He is now an STC
Fellow.
There are others too numerous to mention.

Grambling University has a great department that graduates many fine
technical communicators each year. For furthur information, contact Pamela
Fridie at P.O. Box 695, Grambling, LA 71245-0695.

Binion Amerson, aba -at- oc -dot- com
Binion Amerson, Senior Technical Writer, OpenConnect Systems, 2711 LBJ, Ste
800, Dallas, TX 75234, Ph 214/888-0447; Fax 214/484-6100; Email aba -at- oc -dot- com
Director-Sponsor, Society for Technical Communication (STC) Region 5.