Re: Thank You/Sorry, guys

Subject: Re: Thank You/Sorry, guys
From: Daniel John Brinegar <6545 -at- EF -dot- GC -dot- MARICOPA -dot- EDU>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 1993 16:47:53 -0700

Saul Carliner writes:

> Entry : 1931 (325 words)
> Author : MSTSACX -at- GSUVM1 -dot- BITNET
> Subject : Thank You
> Written : 10/05/93.09:12pm

> As an officer the Society for Technical Communication (STC), I'd like to
> acknowledge the contributions of Eric Ray, who conceived of--and runs--
> this list. What many of you might not know is that Eric does all of
> this work on his own. He receives no special support from his school or
> his employer or from STC--he just does this because it's the right thing
> to do. That's an example that many of us could learn from.

> And with that in mind, I'd like to clear up a bit of confusion about
> this list and the STC. One of the STC chapter newsletters boldly
> declared that STC now has its own list. Well, I hope this note gives
> credit where it's truly due. This is Eric's list, not STC's.

<chaGRIN>.... Hi! I'm the bonehead who wrote "STC now has it's own
list...." insteada writing "TECH WRITER'S now have their own list...."

(_This is your brain online_ THE ROUGH DRAFT, Phoenix chapter newsletter,
Sept 1993.....)

The responsibility for this error is entirely my own..... my apologies to
all involved for any confusion or embarrassment this may have caused.

My editor had nothing to do with this error.

> Similarly, in their enthusiasm to share the excitement of this list with
their
> readers, some STC newsletter editors are reprinting contributions to this
list.
> Although the contributors are given a byline, some of the articles seem a bit
> strange out of the context of the list. Some are published, too, without the
> prior permission of the contributor. With the ease with which we can now
> download and print online information, we sometimes forget about copyrights
> and permissions. If any STC Newsletter Editor is reading this list,
> please check with a contributor before printing the information they posted.

YIPE!!!!!! Please contact me if you feel you were quoted outta context
or without specific authorisation.... (Norm Parry, Simon North & Chuck
Banks come to mind..... <tremble> )

> Saul Carliner, Second Vice-President
> Society for Technical Communication
> Note new userid----> mstsacx -at- gsuvm1 -dot- gsu -dot- edu 404/892-3945

Again, if there ar problems with my articles in The ROUGH DRAFT,
please consider them MY errors, and not those of Editor Sue Norris or the
Phoenix Chapter.

Thanks,

| Dan BRINEGAR aka BENU |
| Research Droid Glendale Community College |
| 6545 -at- ef -dot- gc -dot- maricopa -dot- edu Electronic Forum, Glendale, AZ |
| *CARSEF Manager, Phoenix STC |
| (Central Arizona Regional Science and Engineering Fair) |
| Coming in March to a High School Near You! |