Northern California Tech. Pubs Competition

Subject: Northern California Tech. Pubs Competition
From: Corinne Stefanick <Temp2%GMP%Chiron -at- LARRY -dot- CHIRON -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 1993 08:31:34 PDT

Bonnie, your comments about tech writers being poor communicators has been
brought home to me over the last several years through my involvement with
the Northern California Technical Publications Competition, the largest of
its kind in the world.

We have about 450 entries this year, the farthest
away coming from Australia. Thankfully, this year's processing of entries
was the easiest of all the years I've been involved, not because tech
writers who enter read instructions better than the average. In fact I've
been appalled with the lack of careful reading of instructions we all do.
We're just human too.

I'd be interested in hearing from anyone else who has run a Tech Pubs Comp to
share some information.......CStefanick