Re: Punctuation in 24 hour system (fwd)

Subject: Re: Punctuation in 24 hour system (fwd)
From: Len Olszewski <saslpo -at- UNX -dot- SAS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1993 08:18:17 -0500

> Does anyone know the preferred way to punctuate 24-hour time when you need
> to include seconds. Chicago recommends using no punctuation, as in 0900
> for 9:00 a.m., but says nothing about seconds. What if you want to write
> something like 09:21:34?

> Robert Bononno

Well, this isn't a style point I suppose, but we support formats that
produce 24 hour time just as you've done

hh:mm:ss

The formats we support also allow for fractions of a second, as in

hh:mm:ss.ss

so if you have a very precise watch, it might really be 09:21:34.00982.

|Len Olszewski, Technical Writer | "Vultures don't eat sponge cake." |
|saslpo -at- unx -dot- sas -dot- com|Cary, NC, USA| - Trinidad proverb |
| Opinions this ludicrous are mine. Reasonable opinions will cost you.|