Re: graphics packages for X windows

Subject: Re: graphics packages for X windows
From: Lubo Cipin <lubo -at- ALGORITHMICS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1993 13:19:38 -0400

It may be worthwhile looking into FrameMaker, for various reasons. I've
been using versions 3 and 3.1 for a year, and yesterday I saw a demo of version
4. The graphics capabilities pretty good; in version 4 you also get a very
serious support for color using the four common color models, etc.

At the same time you get an authoring and publishing system which integrates
many capabilities including
. long, structured documents
. wysiwyg
. full control of all formatting features
. strong table building and editing
. strong mathematical equations editor
. hypertext
. multi media support
. document comparison
. process color separation
. page design
. multilingual dictionaries and thesauri
. an API
. etc.

(Can you see I have a bias in favour of it?)
Maybe this is more than your colleague needs. Just want to let you know
FrameMaker is the best package for serious technical and business document
creation, publication and maintenance, according to many.

Hope this helps,

Lubo