Re[2]: Videotapes of presentations

Subject: Re[2]: Videotapes of presentations
From: Bonni Graham <Bonni_Graham_at_Enfin-SD -at- RELAY -dot- PROTEON -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1993 09:46:00 EST

***
If anyone knows of videotaped presentations available *with no restrictions*, I
imagine there are a number of us who might like to see them.
***

I always try to make sure that there are no restrictions before I even videotape
the presentation.

***
We might even be responsible enough to return them after we were done and get
our deposit back, or whatever, so the expenses would me minimal.
***

Actually, the expenses are pretty minimal as it is. We get our tapes at Price
Club, so we're talking maybe two bucks for the tape, and possibly another two to
send them Express Mail via the Post Office (2lbs, $2, 2 days). The most I can
imagine this costing would be six or seven dollars, and that's getting into
fancy mailing boxes and such, which I don't think we need.

However, I'm happy to send them "on loan" for the price of postage, but I do
need to make them available to my own STC chapter first, since our budget is
paying for the tapes. SO, if you wanted it right away, you could purchase the
tape, but if you were willing to wait a month or so, you could borrow it. For
this first one, it's going to be a couple of months before I can loan it out,
since the videotaping is a new program, and we haven't really publicized it yet.

Maybe we could set up a system where the tape owner posts a message saying which
tapes are available this month for loan and which tapes are available for
purchase (for the cost of the tape and postage, of course. I'm not looking to
make money on this, nor, I think, is it legal to do so). This could even apply
to cool, applicable stuff taped from TV, I should think... (If it's broadcast or
on basic cable, I think you can tape and distribute it as long as you're not
doing so to make money -- anyone know for sure?)

We should have some kind of billing system if the tape isn't returned within a
reasonable amount of time. We should also decide what "a reasonable amount of
time" is. Gimme some feedback on this, folks -- are Michael & I onto a good
idea, or are we the only ones interested (and the folks in Canada, from whom
I've already heard)?

Bonni Graham
Easel Corporation, ENFIN Technology Lab
President. SDSTC