Re: E-mail Addresses

Subject: Re: E-mail Addresses
From: "Russell H. Whyte" <russell -dot- whyte -at- SHERIDANC -dot- ON -dot- CA>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1993 12:25:28 EDT

> I need some advice. When a document includes Internet e-mail addresses,
> should they be in uppercase or lowercase? I've seen it both ways. Any
> editors out there? Which do you prefer?

> Thanks in advance ....

> Lori Lathrop
> Lathrop Media Services
> Georgetown, CO
> (currently on assignment at the
> U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service)
> INTERNET:lathropl -at- mail -dot- fws -dot- gov

I always put them in lowercase. Most of the systems I work with get
rather upset with uppercase addresses, so we got in the habit of
constantly putting addresses in lowercase. The only exception is when
the address is in uppercase, and the system expects it that way.

Hope this helps.

Russell

Russell H. Whyte russell -dot- whyte -at- sheridanc -dot- on -dot- ca
Technologist, End User Services
Sheridan College, Information Technology 1430 Trafalgar Road
Oakville, Ontario L6H 2L1 (905) 845-9430 x2139