More on dress codes

Subject: More on dress codes
From: Ilana Levenson <tmc!ilana -at- UUNET -dot- UU -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1993 13:24:44 -0400

I do not believe the study which says dressing up increases
productivity.

It DEFINITELY wouldn't increase it for me or anyone else I work with.

I work in as a tech writer in a management consulting company. We
all dress the way we want to and also work very hard and are very
professional. Wearing dressier clothes would not improve that.

In fact, besides the information engineering department (13 ),
everyone else in the company wears suits (about 350 people).

They LOVE to come down and work in our offices. They love our casual
environment which includes casual dress, nerf basketballs, and other
toys which help us take a stress break.

Just my .02

-ilana