Re: Contract rates

Subject: Re: Contract rates
From: Amy Rybak <arybak -at- AR8131 -dot- B23A -dot- INGR -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1993 14:24:40 CDT

> What is the average rate for a contract writer? When I looked
for a contract > writer earlier in the year, I received resumes
that requested salaries at > the low and high end of a h*u*g*e
range. What are the going rates right now? > What kind of factors
affect the salary (i.e., job duties, length of contract, > etc.)

Maria,

I was offered $15 per hour as a contract writer but negotiated for
$20. I have a six month contract. I used to work in this
department as a full-time employee, but resigned after having a
child. I came back to the same group a year later. I think
management agreed to the higher salary because they knew me and my
work. My impression is that the shorter the contract, the higher
the salary.

Amy