Re: Grad school vs. the world

Subject: Re: Grad school vs. the world
From: LaVonna Funkhouser <lffunkhouser -at- HALNET -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1993 13:08:11 -0500

Kelly Hoffman has a good point about reimbursement.
I wasn't sure enough of what and where to study to
go straight into grad school (after a BA in English),
so I hunted down a job where I could learn by experience.
After working for a few years, I decided that I wanted
a Master's (for various reasons), and I am fortunate
that my company pays for 100% of my tuition (up to a
yearly limit) and 50% of my books.

The Master's program I chose is in Communication, and
is taught in an intense off-site format. Because of
this, the tuition is high, so I am glad for the company's
"education assistance" policy.

LaVonna Funkhouser lffunkhouser -at- halnet -dot- com

PS: On the other hand, grad school right after the bachelor's
can broaden one's horizons and saves the stress of balancing
work/spouse/school/other demands and lets you focus more on school.