Re: Hyphenating "online"

Subject: Re: Hyphenating "online"
From: "Elliott C. Evans" <evans -at- ANSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1993 13:36:03 EDT

On-line versus Online.

I tend to think that either one is acceptable,
as long as it is used consistently.

My main problem with "online" is that it breaks
English pronunciation guidelines, while "on-line"
makes it very clear that these are two separate
words stuck together.

+-----
| Elliott C. "Eeyore" Evans |
| Technical Writer, Ansoft Corporation |
| evans -at- ansoft -dot- com Pittsburgh, PA |
------+