Re: Article on origins of computer terminology?

Subject: Re: Article on origins of computer terminology?
From: Robert Bononno <bononno -at- ACF2 -dot- NYU -dot- EDU>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1993 23:02:24 -0400

Liora,

I read the book when it came out and thought it was a hoot, but serious
too. I noticed several errors, however, in Barry's short international
glossary of computer terms (primarily the French stuff), although I don't
consider that a serious flaw.

It was nice the way he gave a semi-serious etymology of computer jargon
with a bit of gossip and history thrown in. The mix-and-match stuff was
fun and seems to fit the reality of computer advertising mania.

Robert Bononno
bononno -at- acf2 -dot- nyu -dot- edu