Overcoming Technophobia

Subject: Overcoming Technophobia
From: Kim Ballard <ballardk -at- MACE -dot- CC -dot- PURDUE -dot- EDU>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 1993 07:19:57 EST

Bonni,
Glad to hear about your successful manual which helps teachers
overcome technophobia, but I'd also like to hear about the manual
itself. One of my resent assignments involved training K-12 teachers
to use computers for writing instruction. In each of the sessions (I
did 6 3-day workshops), I found a few computer phobic teachers. My
"solution" for their fears was to help them figure out how to do
something correctly with the computer (cut & paste, etc.) I bet that a
few computer phobic folks can be found in the business world as well.
So, would you be willing to mention how you tried to help the technophobics?
--
Kim Ballard
Purdue University