Re: Framers mailing list and bi-monthly publication

From: Fred Wersan <wersan -at- ZEUS -dot- MA30 -dot- BULL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 1993 13:06:31 EST

To subscribe to Framers mailing list, do this:

send an email message to Majordomo -at- DRD -dot- Com -dot- The message should say:

subscribe framers youremailaddress

Here's a piece of the hello mail you'll get:

Here's the general information for the list you've subscribed to, in
case you don't already have it:

'framers' is a users forum for sharing of experiences and
information about the FrameMaker desktop publishing package from
Frame Technology.

Submissions: framers -at- uunet -dot- uu -dot- net
Administrative Contact: majordomo -at- drd -dot- com
[last resort: framers-request -at- uunet -dot- uu -dot- net]

'framers' is a reflecting type of mailing list. What that means is
that any e-mail sent to 'framers -at- uunet -dot- uu -dot- net' is re-distributed
without any intervention on my part to everybody else. That's about
1500 people on 5 continents (we have subscribers in USA, Canada,
Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Israel and all over Europe).

When you want to respond to something somebody else wrote, unless it is
of general interest, you should e-mail that person directly. It is up
to that person to summarize to the list. The purpose is to keep the
volume low and meaningful as most folks have framers coming to their
personal mailbox and 'noise' gets disregarded rather quickly.

----------

The last bit about responding directly to people is a good one that I think
this list could benefit from. (even though I'm violating the maxim by sending
this out to all instead of to just Kaye. Maybe its of general interest)

--------
I don't have the address of Framer's forum at hand. They are out in Oregon or
someplace like that. Check with your company or local librarian. Maybe someone
else on the list can help on an address.

Fred Wersan
Bull HN Informations Systems
MA30/872A
300 Concord Rd.