Re: Bibliography/Citation Format

Subject: Re: Bibliography/Citation Format
From: lpraderio -at- CLIFF -dot- WHOI -dot- EDU
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 1993 12:07:09 EST

Hi John,

I cite it as a personal correspondence (re: The Chicago Manual of Style), but
our reference librarian (a real whiz) just told me about a book that deals with
citing electronic publications/communications/whatever and it looks GREAT.

The title of the book is
Electronic Style, A Guide to Citing Electronic Information
by Xia Li and Nancy Crane (research librarians)
ISBN 0-88736-909-X
$15.00

Laura Praderio
Woods Hole OCeanographic Institution
lpraderio -at- whoi -dot- edu

Does anyone out there have information about th
e proper format
for bibliographies or parentehtical references citing material
that was obtained via FTP or E-mail, etc.?

My copy of Cambell's guide __Form and Style for Theses, Reports &
Term Papers__ doesn't address the subject at all. (The school I am
attending prefers the American Psychological Association format.)

Perhaps there is a FAQ file on this somewhere...

Thanks, John Pfeifer - Kodiak, Alaska - <dfjwp -at- acad2 -dot- alaska -dot- edu>