Re: +Postage Due+Re: TQM, or Taking my own advice

Subject: Re: +Postage Due+Re: TQM, or Taking my own advice
From: Marguerite Krupp <73131 -dot- 2153 -at- COMPUSERVE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 1993 18:48:05 EST

You're right, Karen. The key to making TQM (or any other methodology) work is
commitment. As I said to Bonni, this time there's a strong economic incentive
to make it work: particpation in European markets, to be exact.

My observation is that things often get done in companies *in spite of* the
fad du jour attitude. TQM will not work if everyone takes the "This too shall
pass" attitude. People want to be proud of their work and to feel that their
efforts make a difference. Commitment to TQM, or to some other methodology
that shows that a company is concerned about the quality of the products it
makes, is one way for management to show its workers that they are important
in the process. That means not just top management, but every level all
throughthe organization.

Good luck with your current project.

Marguerite