Re: TECHWR-L Digest - 10 Nov 1993 to 11 Nov 1993

Subject: Re: TECHWR-L Digest - 10 Nov 1993 to 11 Nov 1993
From: Thomas Barker <DITTB -at- TTACS -dot- BITNET>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1993 09:40:30 -0500

A reply to Steve Bernhart about personable tech writing:

I have given this a thought, and I whole-heartedly agree with
you. It seems to me that we have a continum of personableness in
documentation that ranges from the very close and personal in
most tutorial level stuff, and a much more impersonal element in
reference, with guidance/procedures somewhere in between. Yes,
even in highly-patterned reference sections, the categories of
information should relate to real human needs for information,
questions like "what do I do with it," or "how should I declare
it."

What do you think?

Thomas Barker
Texas Tech University