Re: How Much?

Subject: Re: How Much?
From: Nancy Burns <nburns -at- NOAO -dot- EDU>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1993 16:37:57 MST

> Is anyone aware of a recent salary survey for the technical
>writing profession, especially software documentation?

>Thanks,
>Kate

I don't have a recent survey, but STC published a 1992 report, which
includes salary information. If you're a member, you can request it by
calling 703-522-4114.

In essence, their survey indicates that the median salary for a tech writer
was $35,000.

If you need something more specific (by employment level, education level,
industry), I can quote you the survey info.

Nancy Burns
National Solar Observatory, Tucson, AZ
nburns -at- noao -dot- edu