Technical vs Writing - Article Details

Subject: Technical vs Writing - Article Details
From: Rahul Ravel <rahul -at- ORNEWS -dot- INTEL -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1993 15:21:05 -0800

Hi all,

From all the requests I've had, I'm posting the full
list of what managers look for in Technical Communicators.

This list is from the Practicalities column (Dr. Carol Barnum),
STC Technical Communication journal (Apr, 1991). BTW, this
is not available online as far I know.

What Mangers Look for in Technical Communicators (high to low):
1. Grammar and mechanics
2. Learning quickly
3. Proofreading
4. Language control
5. Editing/revising
6. Handling deadline stress
7. Interpersonal relations
8. Solving problems
9. Common sense
10. Time management
11. Accepting challenge
12. Creativity
13. Work experience
14. Organization
15. Software knowledge
16. Analyzing audience

-Rahul Ravel, Technical Writer - Intel Corp.

"Only my own opinions here"

rahul -at- ornews -dot- intel -dot- com