How stay grey?

Subject: How stay grey?
From: Mark Levinson <mark -at- MATIS -dot- INGR -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1993 10:17:54 IST

Does anyone have good guidelines for using the Windows advanced printer options
(resolution / halftone frequency / halftone angle) to keep given shades of grey
from printing out at 300 dpi as wallpaper patterns, vaudeville suit fabrics,
and other moires? We're trying to reproduce forms with two or three standard
greys plus text. If possible, we'd prefer to use print parameters to solve
the problem rather than fool around with the color values.

Any advice-- even reliable, well-researched discouragement-- will be
appreciated.
Mark L. Levinson, SEE Technologies, Box 544, Herzlia, Israel
mark -at- matis -dot- ingr -dot- com | voice +972-9-584684, ext. 230 | fax +972-9-543917