Re: RESUME SOFTWARE

Subject: Re: RESUME SOFTWARE
From: Marian Harry-Young <odinba!odin!marian -at- UUNET -dot- UU -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1993 12:18:34 PST

> I am preparing a guest lecture on resumes for a technical/business
> writing class. Has anyone had experience with any of the resume software
> packages on the market? I would like to share your feedback with the
> students.

My experiences with two diff pkgs - templates good, however are very
hard to modify. Guidelines included are very good. Suggest, that you
give them references (Gorilla Tactics..., Hiring The Best..) for resume
guidelines, and tell them to use the basic formatting with their favorite
DTP pkg (Word4Win, WordPerfect, Frame, etc all have resume templates that
can be easily modified)