reorganization

Subject: reorganization
From: Michele Berkes 615-576-2352 <BERKESM -at- A1 -dot- OSTI -dot- GOV>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 1993 11:30:00 -0400

LaVonna's comment about her group being reorganized again made me think of
this quotation that I found on a colleague's wall.

"We trained hard -- but it seemed that every time we were beginning to form
up into teams, we would be reorganized. I was to learn that later in life we
tend to meet any new situation by reorganizing, and the wonderful method it
can be for creating the illusion of progress while producing confusion,
inefficiency, and demoralization." Petronius Arbiter, A.D. 66

Food for thought on a Friday.

Michele Berkes
berkesm -at- a1 -dot- osti -dot- gov