Re: Using the Term "User"

Subject: Re: Using the Term "User"
From: Richard elGurutm Howland-Bolton <reh1 -at- CORNELL -dot- EDU>
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 1993 05:44:02 -0500

>The reasoning is that the term "user" has extremely
>strong connotations with drug users, and that an alternative
> term would be more appropriate. I'm interested in how
>others feel. If you don't like the term user, what
>alternatives would you suggest.

It has been pointed out before that there are
similarities between the two industries. I have
never heard any complaints before--maybe a slight
wryness perhaps, but no complaints. I suppose
my users have been frightened that I'll pull
the plug on them :-)

rh-b

Richard E. Howland-Bolton Cornell University
Manager Publications Computing Publications Guru
Internet: reh1 -at- cornell -dot- edu ftp: 132.236.39.28
Compuserve: 71041,2133 AppleLink: CUGURU
Voice: (607) 255-9455 Fax: (607) 255-5684
Post: Publications, East Hill Plaza, Ithaca, NY 14850
If you're in town, come play soccer at Northeast School
--Saturdays at 10:00 and Sundays at 3:00