Warning: . E-mail can cost your job

Subject: Warning: . E-mail can cost your job
From: Simon North <north -at- RUNNER -dot- KNOWARE -dot- NL>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1993 15:28:04 GMT

Back on line at last. Due to a recent disagreement with my
r employer I am now "suspended pending dismissal". My
employer felt that my participation in the discussions on
this list constituted "private use" and (although such is
not forbidden in the regulations governing its use) considered
that such use of e-mail was sufficient to have me marched off
the premises.

So, a word to the wise. Please be careful what you say. Looking
for a new job in these time s of recession is not funny ... and
it feelds s pretty ridiculous trying to explain why you got the
boot when the reasons are so ridiculous.

Reh Simon North.