follow-up to my plea to the TC Community

Subject: follow-up to my plea to the TC Community
From: LaVonna Funkhouser <lffunkhouser -at- HALNET -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1993 16:33:24 -0600

This post follows up on my posting titled "TC Community,
please advise."

Thanks to all who responded to my broad questions about
tech. comm. dept. structures and processes, project
management, and mission statements.

I know I should post some kind of summary. Because most
post, but I also don't want to summarize some very thoughtful
replies. If you have a suggestion as to how I should share
this information, let me know.

Some of you questioned the 24-hr deadline. I put a deadline
on it to get quick replies before my Thursday staff meeting.
Now that we've had the meeting, I have some more specific questions.
For the sake of keeping separate ideas under separate headers,
I am going to send separate posts for these questions.

To encourage speedy first drafts (before Christmas) the department
was divided into three task groups each charged with drafting a
different item:
-- a mission statement
-- a framework for defining document purpose and audience
-- a flowchart of the process of document development

It is the last two items for which I will be posting separate messages.
(I have forwarded all comments about mission statements to the person
heading up the task force charged with creating our department's
mission statement. If you missed my previous post, please go ahead
and respond.) BTW, I am heading up the second task group.

Again, I say "thanks." You are a very helpful community.
I am glad that you recognize good tech. comm. depts. go through
the same struggles sooner or later, and we might as well help
each other!

LaVonna Funkhouser lffunkhouser -at- halnet -dot- com

technical writer
Halliburton Energy Services