Re: Texas Bar-B-Que

Subject: Re: Texas Bar-B-Que
From: John Fulmer INET <fulmerjo -at- PULUA -dot- HCC -dot- HAWAII -dot- EDU>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1993 22:47:54 -1000

There was a case study done a few years back that we discussed at
length in one of my classes, I think it was macro or microeconomics, on
how the farther east in the United States one went the more vinegar that
was used in the Bar-B-Que sauces. This was as opposed to the farther
west one went the more spices and the less vinegar.

As for me, the best Bar-B-Que in the world use to be found in Birmingham,
AL in a 'fast food' type joint called A-1 Bar-B-Que around 6th or 7th
Avenue South. My all time personal favorite was chopped outside meat
with slaw and extra sauce!

Mele Kalikimaka
Hau'ole Makahiki Hou

-= John F =-

fulmerjo -at- pulua -dot- hcc -dot- hawaii -dot- edu |"I ain't nothing but a poor ol' country
fulmerj -at- cc -dot- ims -dot- disa -dot- mil | boy, trying to make a livin'."

,,,
(. .)

p.s. Mele Kalikimaka - Merry Christmas
Hau'ole Makahiki Hou - Happy New Year