Re: Two Techwriting Issues

Subject: Re: Two Techwriting Issues
From: Billie Wahlstrom <bwahlstr -at- MAILBOX -dot- MAIL -dot- UMN -dot- EDU>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1993 09:42:34 -0600

Issue 1.
Research suggests that use of the 2nd person (what's currently called a reader
based approach to documentation) is more effective than 3rd person. As a
consequence, we (at the U of MN and elsewhere) are teaching our tech comm
students to follow this model in reference manuals. Billie Wahlstrom

In message <01H6L15GPAWMDBHIUM -at- VX -dot- CIS -dot- UMN -dot- EDU> "Technical Writers List; for all
Technical Communication issues"