Subject: TECHWR-L chitchat
From: Jim Grey <jwg -at- ACD4 -dot- ACD -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1993 10:53:04 -0500

Saul Carliner sez:
My personal opinion is that, as long as we focus our professional discussions
on elementary level subjects, it will be impossible for us to convince
others that we have more substantive skills to offer.

I, for one, am *glad* we don't spend all our time here in save-the-watch
deep discussions. I *like* the chitchat over tools and operating systems
and even barbecue. I especially value the general venting of spleen that
goes on here, complaining about how we writers are often undervalued and
misused.

I think of this list as a big kitchen table, with all of us hanging around
it in a daily kaffeklatsch. Sometimes we get serious, but mostly we
just kibbitz.

Peace,
jim grey
jwg -at- acd4 -dot- acd -dot- com