Re: What is quality?

Subject: Re: What is quality?
From: Mike Beyries <beyries -at- CSISDN -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1993 10:47:05 PST

Murrie Burgan describes quality as (loosely) 'keeping the customer satisfied.'
I agree, but I have a different notion of who the customer is. My customer
is the reader of the document I'm writing. The technical source (or author,
for a report, etc.) is a resource and a partner, and may have significant
responsibility for the resulting document, but I take responsibility for
communicating with the reader.

FYI, I'm not presently a contractor, nor am I now a member of a large
"writing pool", but I have been those critters. Right now, I am the sole
writer, sometime software tester, and bottle-washer for a start-up.

Regards,
(beyries -at- csisdn -dot- com) | |
Technical Writer & Doer of Other Foul Deeds | If I loosen my bridle |
Located at Connective Strategies, Inc. | on the press, I shall |
465B Fairchild Dr. #207 | not stay in power for |
Mountain View, CA U.S.A. 94043 | three months. |
Phone: 415-903-8382 ISDN voice/data | |
415-961-6691 FAX | - Napoleon Bonaparte |