Re: (1) SIGDOC Conference; (2) authoring tools

Subject: Re: (1) SIGDOC Conference; (2) authoring tools
From: "Charles P. Campbell" <cpc -at- PRISM -dot- NMT -dot- EDU>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 1994 08:49:44 MST

Here's a rare opportunity: IPCC 94, the annual conference of the IEEE Profes-
sional Communication Society, is being held in Banff September 28-30, just
before ACM SIGDOC October 2-4. Attend two topnotch conferences within a week
for one airfare, and visit with Ken d'Albenas' STC folks in between!

Ken also asked if anyone would clarify the term "authoring tool." I'd like
to know too. One time I reviewed an article for a journal that seemed to be
about authoring tools' potential for letting whole bunches of people work on
the same document all at once. The article itself seemed to have been
authored, not written, and by its manner of presentation did not make a clear
or convincing case for authoring tools. So I'd like some clarification too.

Editing note: the article, not the journal, concerned authoring tools. (UNIX
editor not responding to summons at present.)

Chuck
cpc -at- nmt -dot- edu