Re- Translation, Internatio

Subject: Re- Translation, Internatio
From: Liz Babcock <Liz_Babcock -at- C28B5 -dot- CHINALAKE -dot- NAVY -dot- MIL>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 1994 16:49:21 -0800

Mail*Link(r) SMTP Re: Translation, International Documents
On 7 Jan, Steve Owens asked if anyone had advice or information to offer that
might help him and his company with "some major translation in the near
future."

STC's International Technical Communication Professional Interest Committee may
be of interest to you, Steve, as it is to other STC members with similar
concerns. Although the topics that interest PIC members are broader than just
translation, the PIC has attracted members who work as translators or who are
interested in translation-related topics. In fact, I had a wonderful
conversation about translation with the PIC co-manager, Lyn Burns, at a
networking table at last spring's STC Annual Conference.

Once again, as members of this list have been reminded so many times in the
past, all of STC's PICs are free to STC members, and members may join a PIC by
letting that PIC's leaders know of their interest. Here's the address info I
have on Lyn Burns:

Ann Lyn Burns
Rocky Mountain Translators
5757 Central Ave., Suite G
Boulder, CO 80301-2871
business phone: (303) 449-6954

Sorry--I don't have a net address for Lyn.

Liz Babcock
STC 1st VP