Re: Funny quote

Subject: Re: Funny quote
From: Ad absurdum per aspera <JTCHEW -at- LBL -dot- GOV>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 1994 23:57:40 GMT

>>how many technical manuals can fit on the head of a pin.;-)
> I think we need to form a committee to standardize these pin dimensions...

I recently got a two-page memo from our Environment, Safety,
and Health people on how to tell whether something is empty.

(Upon closer inspection, it proves not at all ludicrous.
In fact, its purpose is to get us out from under a maximal
regulatory interpretation that really did seem to concern
itself with angels and pinheads. But that first glance was
strictly Alice in Wonderland stuff.)

Joe
"The only way to deal with bureaucrats is with stealth and sudden
violence."
--UN Secretary General Boutros-Ghali, quoted in the 10-15-93 New York Times